Reservations are made through the Yahng Discovery Center form, hosted here, our Reservation Policy is described below:
The Berea College Planetarium and Yahng Discovery Center are proud to be able to offer STEM-related experiences for public school groups and other organizations. To provide material, staffing, and additional support for these services, we charge on a per individual rate. The current rates are:
- $3 per student for access to one of the facilities and $5 per student to access both
- Chaperones are given free admission at a rate of 1 chaperone per 10 students.
- Bus drivers receive free admission.
Due to the generous support of Partners for Education (PFE), this cost may be waived for students in schools supported by the GEAR UP program.
- Teachers from PFE schools who are planning to bring their students to the MAC building for a Planetarium or YDC program should make arrangements through their GEAR UP or PFE representative.
- Teachers from other schools should make arrangements through the appropriate staff person in their school.
We would appreciate reservation requests at least two weeks before the planned visit, but the more advance notice you provide, the more likely it is that we will be available to provide the service you request.
During the 2023-2024 academic year, we will ONLY be able to offer the programming for schools on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:00am-12:00 noon.